Friday, September 09, 2005

LATEST!! After Cologne 2005

"And they departed to their own country by another way" (Mt 2:12)

I've been thinking about this message after the WYD in Koln. While the experience has been so overwhelming, more than I've ever hoped it to be, it's a bit like Confirmation—the Holy Spirit doesn't light up in tongues above my head!

At the same time, I've been thinking about my present 'vocation', that is mostly getting busy with all sort of programming & designing for my startup's premiere product, XShare. While computer science is definitely more than a study of computers (just like astronomy is more than a study of telescopes), I'd say its place is more appropriately 'supporting' of other domain knowledge/sciences.

So, combining the two, a moment of inspiration came, and After Cologne is born! Basically, the idea is like Friendster for those who were there for the WYD '05. I've written in that blog, what are my hopes and objectives for this project.

If there's anyone out there reading this who's interested to participate in this project (sociologists, theologians, catechism teachers, web programmer, graphic designer?), do email me at antonia AT myxshare.net, and if you know anyone who went to Germany to attend WYD this year, ask them to watch out for After Cologne, a portal coming up soon!

No comments: