Monday, January 29, 2007

Vocations from my country

Recently I have encountered a few stories of vocation from... where else but Indonesia! It is heartening to hear that although religious freedom is a little more than lip service in Indonesia, vocations abound and our people respond generously, in lands faraway from home!

Here are some I've heard:

- Denny Wahyudi: a seminarian of the Xaverian Missionary studying in Chicago, recently took his final profession and was ordained a deacon. He will be ordained into the priesthood sometime this year.

- This morning I heard from a priest at mass that two SSCC brothers (Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary) were getting ordained today in Bandung.

- This afternoon I learned from the Dominican Friars that one of the eight novices is Indonesian: Bro. Bernard Timothy

- The third largest group of students in the seminary school of Divine Word College is Indonesian!

Pray for them and for my country, that more will respond to His call generously!

No comments: