Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Another development at school:
'Revival' of Linux movement... of sorts.

When i was a freshman, there was a pretty active community of Linux users. They're the ones who were responsible of hooking me to this good stuff! Anyway.. times have passed, the machines in Linux lab have grown old and the OS unkempt.. so it's been shut down and made into (of all things sacrilegeous!) a Microsoft library!!!!!

Now a group of firebrand Linux evangelists (mostly a year my junior) have taken up the torch again, and they wanted to build a new Linux lab, have a Linux installfest and start a new Linux community. I will not, sadly, be there since I will (hopefully) graduate this April. But before then, I hope to give this group some worthwhile contribution. Viva le Linux!

No comments: