Friday, December 12, 2003

Feast of our Lady of Guadalupe, December 12.
I first heard of the name "Guadalupe" a few years back. As a nominal Catholic back then, it held no particular meaning, nor does it arouse interest for me. Recently, since my attendance at Catholic apologetics session, I have 'stumbled' (in a sense) upon a huge treasure of patron saints, especially when it comes to the pro-life movement.

Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared in a small town in Mexico, which now became known as Guadalupe, named after the image left on the tilma following Her apparition. She is known as the Protectress of the Unborn.

I think my stand on the issue of abortion, as a Catholic, have been too silent. A silent pro-lifer is as good as a pro-choice. “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”(Edmund Burke)

Looking towards our Lady of Guadalupe, I shall strive be more aware of the people around me, and how i can be a more active pro-lifer.

No comments: